Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The fires in our life

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in HIS loving arms Wednesday!  Have you noticed the smoky skies lately?  Seen flames, heard sirens?   Seems like our weather conditions have definitely landed us right smack dab into a busy fire season!  As the wife of a volunteer fireman (a very dedicated one) I know full well what this entails….and how dangerous it can be for the firemen.  Yesterday I received a call from him about 2:30, he was full into the “going to a fire mode,” his voice serious and strong….fearless even though he was telling me, “It’s a big one, I can see the flames.”  These men and women that protect our rural areas are volunteers…..no one pays them to go into the dense smoke, hot flames, unknown terrain to put out the fire….to protect their communities from harm….these firemen do it for free because they care….rather amazing to me, makes me so proud to be a small part.  As I was driving home I could see the smoke and as I got closer to Lula I could smell it too.  I said a prayer, lifting the firemen into the loving care and protection of our Heavenly Father.  As I pulled into our driveway I felt a warm peace flow through me; I smiled from the inside out….I knew our Father had something really important to remind me of……”Kathie, there will always be fires in life…..blazing finances, smoldering relationships, flaming out of control children, stress, worry, pain, grief….fires threatening to destroy you…..But Kathie, I am here, always here, no need to call 911 and wait for the firetrucks to come….come to me….I will put out your fires, I will guide you, comfort you, hold you in My arms and fill you with My peace….come to ME, precious child I will douse out your fires….come to ME.”  Thank you Father….for loving us so much that You remind us in such special ways that You are always on call for us.  And Father, please protect our firemen and women when they head out. 
 
Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help.  Psalm 30:10.  The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Deuteronomy 31:8.  He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress.  Proverbs 14:26. We say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?”  Hebrews 13:6.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  Cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7.  I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31:13. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment