Thursday, January 3, 2013

December 31, 2012


Good Morning Friends! Mighty and Awesome is our God, Monday! Last night when I got up to go to the bathroom I was greeted by the sound of rain on the porch roof…..it was just before midnight….I said a thank you prayer and thought what a wonderful way to end the year of terrible drought conditions….in so many ways. I headed back to bed, as I laid down and snuggled in I could hear the rain…..I drifted off to sleep thanking God, thinking of the new year ahead. I was so excited to find it was still raining when I got up….Wow, THANK YOU FATHER! We do so need this gentle rain. I got ready for work and headed out the door where I was greeted by lots of sparrows. Happy sparrows frolicking in all the puddles in the driveway. I stood under the ledge for a minute just watching them…..been a long time since we had puddles in the driveway and the little birds were thrilled…..they jumped from puddle to puddle….I could feel their delight, they were going to experience every puddle. I headed to the car, my thoughts on the new year, the rain, the puddles and the birds…..God’s love rains on us every day, even when we feel like our life is in drought conditions His puddles of love are everywhere just waiting for us to frolic in……just waiting to splash us with His perfect peace, mercy, grace, forgiveness….HIS LOVE is always there....2012 is almost over, 2013 just around the corner…..only our Heavenly Father knows what’s in store for us, but one thing for sure HIS LOVE is constant…..in the rainy season or during a life drought…..there’s a puddle of love, blessings, comfort waiting for you……You don’t even need an umbrella or goulashes…….Father, thank for the many blessings of 2012 and the many times You lovingly spared us from our sinful selves. Be with us as we begin a brand new year…..rejuvenate our faith, help us to resolve to serve You bigger and better…..All Glory, Honor and Praise to You!
Praying that each of you find your special “puddle” in this New Year…..Happy, Blessed New Year! Love you all!
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13. He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all-how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32. My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and bot be faint. Isaiah 40:31. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13. 
 
Consider the birds of the air……

No comments:

Post a Comment