Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Magnificent Monday, loved by Him!  What fun we had on Saturday, Cooper arrived at 7 am backpack and blankie in tow….ready for a sleep over with Nana and Papa!  We had big plans to spend the night at our little cabin.  Oh goodness was he ever excited!  After we finished chores and had a little nap, Cooper and I got things ready to take to the cabin for a dinner of ribs, corn, and watermelon!  All of Cooper’s favorites.  Papa went over to Cooper’s house to find his fishing pole and found some worms that daddy had left for him!  Ice chest packed with everything we would need for an overnight, fishing pole and worms loaded, we headed to the cabin.  What a great evening we had, fishing, rock climbing and cooking out!  Gosh can that boy eat!  Once we finished eating I packed the leftovers back into the ice chest;  Papa heated a pot of water on the fire and Cooper had him a great bath in an old mineral tub on the cabin deck…..clean as a whistle, we read a couple of stories and headed to bed.  The next morning we were up early, loaded the truck with all of stuff and headed home to get ready for church.  Papa brought the ice chest into the kitchen so I good put things away….when I opened it, yuck!  I had forgotten to bring zip locks for the leftover ribs, consequently, they were floating in the melted ice water…..yucky mess!  I didn’t have a lot of time before church so I just got out the stuff that needed to be refrigerated and would take care of the rest after church.  Home from church and starting lunch, I notice that the ice chest is leaking….the yucky bbq- sauce water is on the kitchen floor oh great!  I grabbed a towel, threw it down on the floor and went back to lunch.  Cooper, noticing the towel on the floor, said Nana, “What’s this, what are you doing?”  I explained to him that the ice chest was leaking, making sure to show him the plug that the water was coming from.  I told him Nana has to get it emptied out.  I went back to lunch…..Cooper, thinking that he knew just what to do in this situation, had pulled the plug and was happily watching all the yucky water drain onto the kitchen floor!  Good Grief!!!!  I wanted to scream, but I knew he thought he was doing the right thing…..He “thought” he was doing the right thing……However, he should have asked, right…..”Nana, is it ok if I pull the plug and let the water out?”  To which I would have replied, “Yes Cooper, but we must take it outside first, then you can pull the plug.”  “Let’s go Nana, let’s take it outside right now, I want to pull the plug.”  “No, Cooper…..you have to wait.  Nana has to finish lunch first.”  HMMM, as I was cleaning up the mess and dragging the ice chest outside…..the thought struck me….How often do I do things, thinking I know best and inevitably make a big mess….for me and even those I love….If only I had gone to our Heavenly Father first……talked to Him about the situation…..and then trusting and believing that His will is always best for me….wait…..for His guidance……Father, forgive us when we take things into our own hands and make messes…..strengthen our faith so that we always, come to You first for Your perfect love and guidance.
 
I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.   He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their thrust in the Lord.  Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust, who does not look to proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.  Psalm 40:1-4.  This is what the Lord says, He who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is His name:  “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”  Jeremiah 33:2-3.  Guide me your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Remember, O Lord, Your great mercy and love for they are from of old.  Psalm 25:5-6. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment