Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  My commute to work this morning was a little easier than the last couple of days, just a light sprinkle compared to the heavy rain the past couple of days….Thank  you Father.  As I got close to town a song popped into my head…..just out of the blue….an old one….I don’t remember all of it, but the main line is, “Getting to know you….getting to know all about you…..”  Remember it?  I have no clue why it came to me, but it has a cheery tune so I started humming it, thinking about the words….”getting to know you.”  My thoughts turned to a conversation I had with one of my granddaughters not long ago.  They had recently moved next-door to a family they had considered friends for a long time….they were excited about the move, just imagining how great it would be to be right next door to them….Well laid plans, right!?  Let’s just say that things have not been exactly as they expected….She was telling me about something that had happened one day and it was really quite crazy….and I said to her, “We never really know someone until we live with them.”  She said, “Well that’s the truth, Nana…that’s for sure!”  Thinking about her disappointment while humming “Getting to know you,”  led me to another thought….well actually…..I felt the tap.  “Good morning Father, like this song do you?”  “Yes, my child, there is a very good message in that song for you.
“Really?”  “Think about what you said to your granddaughter…..”  Wow…..How can we really get to know our Heavenly Father if we don’t “live” with HIM?  Start each day with HIM…..prayer and meditation….we have to get into HIS word to “know all about Him”  His word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path….He is our strength when we encounter, “snakes,” He rejoices in our victories and cries in our defeats……He blesses us with family and friends and everything we “need” for our daily lives…..Because He loves us…..not because of anything we did…in His mercy He gave us His only Son….forgiveness.  Yep, start the day with HIM, keep Him with you all day long (trust me He won’t get bored) and let Him lull you into peaceful sleep…..Get to know Him…..because…..”To know, know, know HIM is to Love, Love, Love HIM”  and loving Him is the most important thing we can ever do!  Thank you Father for the music of Your LOVE….Help us to really get to know You and LIVE for and WITH You every day!
 
The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all true; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.  James 3:17.  If you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God (To know Him is to love Him….Getting to know Him).  For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.  Proverbs 2:1-6.  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding.  To Him belongs eternal praise.  Psalm 111:10.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.  1 John 4:12.  Getting to  know HIM……to LOVE HIM….

No comments:

Post a Comment