Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!  I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while!  Katy J is staying with us all weekend while the rest of her family makes a fast and furious trip to a family wedding!  Katy has been so jealous of Cooper’s alone time with us since Cooper stays with Papa, so she has really looked forward to this weekend too!  She arrived bright and early at 5:55 a. m.  Mommy told her she would be going to Grammi’s today, like usual while Nana and Papa worked, but she didn’t quit get that!  The fact that it is Friday, a work day, just doesn’t make any sense to her….she was going to Nana and Papa’s to stay with them all by herself….I promised I would pick her up right after work and would have a surprise….one down!  On Saturdays we often take her and Cooper to breakfast, so this morning she thought we would be going to the Kountry Store for breakfast……again the difference between Friday and Saturday just didn’t make sense to her.  While she was watching me put on my make-up, I told her she was going to Sunday School with me….not even thinking that she had no concept of “Sunday.”  Nope she was ready to go to Sunday school right now!  I tried to explain to her about the days…”today is Friday, we go to work, tomorrow is Saturday, we go to breakfast, and then it’s Sunday and we will go to Sunday school.”  She just looked at me in total confusion……she wanted to go now....and just couldn’t understand it wasn’t time…..My mind filled with God’s words from Ecclesiastics ….”There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:  a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.”  How can I expect Katy to understand that it’s not time to go to the Kountry Store for breakfast, when I constantly whine to our Heavenly Father about what I want and when!!!  I too get confused when HE says, “My child, not just yet….it’s not time.”  Our time is not His time……It’s time for us to be still, to listen, to hear HIS timing for us…He loves us with a Perfect Love and His timing is Perfect for our lives…..Father help us to wait for Your will in our lives with joyful hearts.  Help us to reassure others that the sad times will pass and joyful times will return…..be still and know that His timing is Perfect for us.  Thank you, Father for special time with Katy…a time to laugh, a time to love, a time to keep……
 
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.  Psalm 9:9.  Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of jy.  Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”  Psalm 126:2.  Teach me to do your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.  Psalm 143:10.  Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.  Colossians 3:17. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment