Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!!  I have a couple of hens that have been quite persistent in “sitting.”  Sometimes they get that “need to nurture” attitude and sit on the eggs that someone else has helped to lay!  Every night when I go in to gather eggs, I have to pull them out of the nests to get my eggs!  I would much rather eat the eggs than have baby chicks!  Well, the other evening as I went in, my two “wanna- be” mother hens let out a couple of clucks and jumped out of nests.  I thought well good, they finally got over that sitting stuff…about time….such a pain!  I stepped into the nest area and immediately realized why my hens had exited the nests so quickly!  Woven between the nests and slightly draped over the edge was a big ol gross, slimy, yucky, big nasty snake!!! And he had an egg…..my egg….bulging from his body!  I hate snakes….terrified of them…..but there I was home alone and it was eating my eggs!  I knew what I had to do…..as I rushed out of the coop to get a shovel….I asked our Heavenly Father to help me meet my fear head on…..I ran to the carport, grabbed a shovel, and headed courageously back to the coop…..I felt positive… I could handle the mission in front of me…..boldly, I entered the coop making my way to the nests….he was still there, lurking….who knows how long he would have stayed, terrorizing my hens and devouring my eggs, if I had not meet the situation head on….bravely…..I got him on the shovel threw him down and immediately began chopping at his head….egg yolk was flying everywhere….my conquest was not easy….but I did not give up…..How many times have we each been confronted with our “snakes”……a situation seems so dire….we feel so helpless…..depression consumes us.....finances are out of control…..sickness…stress at work…..broken relationships…..How was I able to conquer my fear head on???  Only because I let go and let God have my fear….HE and HE alone can see us through anything…..HE can lift the gloom, heal the sick….see us through…..fill us with confidence and a peace that passes all human understanding….joy when you think there is none…..love that holds us up, fills the empty gaps…refreshes…renews…..gives us strength to keep on keeping on…TRUSTING AND BELIEVING…that with HIM anything is possible!  Father, we come to You sad, hurting, empty….we give all our pain to You….Thank You for carrying our burdens and seeing us through!
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5.  Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  Matthew 19:26.Fear of man will prove t be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.  Proverbs 29:25.  Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leave are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.  Jeremiah 17:7-8.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  Isaiah 443:2..The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment