Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wondrously wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!  Gosh, I am having a hard time waking up this morning…..I feel way too tired for 9 am!  Monday night we didn’t get near enough sleep, so last night we were determined to get to bed earlier….and we did!  Both of us were sleeping quite soundly when my phone rang….took us both just a second to rouse enough to answer.  Seems that in her excitement of sharing good news, our Hailey forgot about the 3 hour time difference…..Alaska is 3 hours behind us…..hence her evening was young while ours….well……The news was wonderful, Clark got the job he was hoping for, worthy of being shared for sure….but waking from a sound sleep can sure be disruptive to the rest of the night.  Sure enough, neither Kim nor I could go back to sleep….we tossed and turned, even turned on the TV for a while…..but it took us quite a while to drift back to sleep!  Hence, feeling a little tired…..sitting in my chair this morning, getting ready to spend some time with our Heavenly Father, I was really wishing I could wake up…..could be a long day……then I thought of how excited Hailey was when I answered the phone….as soon as she heard my voice she knew I had been asleep; she immediately began apologizing….She felt so bad because she had awakened us, but really wanted to share their good news.  We talked for just a minute, I told her how happy we were, and then she said once again how sorry she was and told me goodbye……Oh my…….I thought, smiling from the inside….sure am glad our Heavenly Father is awake 24/7……awake, ready and anxious to share in our joys and carry our burdens….He is never groggy from being awakened, needs no time come to His senses…..just always there, arms wide open….for you and for me….anytime!   Father, thank you loving us 24/7….help us to be examples of Your love even when we are sleepy!  And Father thank you for the blessing of Clark’s job! 
 
“With everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you, “  says the Lord your Redeemer.  Isaiah 54:8. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  Psalm 33:21.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust I Him and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.  Psalm 28:7.  Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.  Psalm 100:1-2.  Jesus said, “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment