Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty Awesome is our God, Monday!  My ex in-laws and I are still very close, even though I have been divorced from their son for 33 years; shortly after Kim and I moved to OK, they came from CA for a couple of visits…Ben was originally from Holdenville, but had never been back since his family moved to CA when he was about 7.  We actually found his old home place.  Mom was born in Arkansas and had never been back their either, so they both really enjoyed being back here.  Well, low and behold about 3 years after our move, Mom and Ben bought a home in Arkansas and moved back lock, stock, and barrel!  They love their home in Harrison and don’t regret their move, but they are quite elderly and live on a very fixed income, so if they have any kind of problem, they really struggle.  I call Mom every Sunday morning and try to send them little extras once in a while, but I really am not able to help them in a big way, so when Mom’s car became terminal, it was devastating to them.  Diagnosis, new engine….well there’s no way they had money for that…..Mom was so sad…..Mom is pretty crippled up with arthritis so it’s hard for her to get in and out of Ben’s truck, not to even mention driving it….but she was….she had no car and had to get to exercise (at 83), so she would drive herself in the truck.  Each Sunday she would tell me how hard it was for her and it’s so big she had a hard time parking.  I hate Mom to be upset and wished I could afford to get her car fixed, but I knew that was not feasible, so I just prayed for them like I always do….probably more for Mom’s safety and contentment than anything because I knew they would never have the money to get her car running again.  That’s how much I know, right!!!!  Yesterday, I called Mom as usual, we were just chatting away when she casually mentioned something about her car!  “YOUR CAR!!??  YOUR CAR IS RUNNING??!!!”  I couldn’t believe she was so nonchalant in her response, “Oh yes our neighbor (mind you, they have made friends with one neighbor since they have been there) helped us.  He worked on it and financed what we needed for the engine.  He is the best friend we have ever had!”  Well, I guess he is!  I rejoiced with her and as we said our goodbyes my heart and mind were overflowing with thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father!  I could feel HIM there with me….patting me on the back….reassuring me that HE is quite capable of taking care of terminal cars in HIS own way….and time.  Gosh, I couldn’t help but smile and feel so relieved to think that my prayers for “HELP” are answered perfectly according to the will of our Heavenly Father…..Pray….trusting and believing….leave the rest to HIM!!!!  Oh Father….forgive me when I think I need to have all the answers….thank  you for always hearing my cries for help!  And Father, thank you so much for taking care of Mom and Ben!  Care to join me in a round of, “Seek and Ye shall find, Knock and the door will be opened, ask and it shall be given….. “  His love is all around!
 
This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  (even if we don’t know what to ask!).  1 John 5:14-15.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4:16.  The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayers.  1 Peter 3:12. Those who know Your name will trust in You, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.  Psalm 9:10.  The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment