Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 12, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Good grief what next!?  One darn doctor bill after another, flats on the backhoe, a window air-conditioner went out, electric bill is sky high already and it’s only mid-June, and now….the air conditioner in my car quit!!!!   Just plain quit…..what’s up with that and we are in our first official heat spell…..Darn it…..that’s it….I am plum worn out with all the bumps in my life.  Coming into work, I felt quite worn out and defeated…..a bit whiny I must admit.  After clocking in, I reached for my daily calendar to tear off yesterday and have a look at today……Here’s what I found….”The Lord shall preserve thy going out and they coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.”  Psalm 122:8.  “Well, my goodness whiney girl,” I had to say to myself……”what the heck are you thinking!?”….I am not alone….that pile of doctor bills is right on His list of “WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT”  and the car, well it can be fixed…might have to wait a bit, but I can handle the heat for a while…..the bills won’t magically go away and we will have to pay to have the car fixed, but I am not alone……Our Heavenly Father is with me all the way to guide me…..and after all, He wants us to store up treasures in heaven not here, right!  I can do that….I can stop worrying by spending extra time in His word and prayer……focusing on His love and compassion rather than whining about the bumps…..a little spiritual exercise and it goes a long way to boost our attitudes…….Attitudes of Gratitude make us feel good from the inside out…..So, gonna follow 1Thessalonians 5:16-18….”Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in EVERYTHING give thanks.”  OK, here it goes….All glory, honor and praise to You, most gracious and merciful Heavenly Father……thank you for doctor bills because without doctors I might not have my sweet husband and thank you for mechanics that will fix my car!  Thank you Father…..for picking me up…..and carrying me!
 
“I know the plans I have for you, “ declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  He restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  Psalm 23:3.  Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds. Psalm 107:21.  Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:7.  You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.  Psalm 30:11-12. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment