Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Totally wrapped in His loving arms, Tuesday!  “And she (Mary) gave birth to her first born child, a son and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths and laid Him in a manger.”  Luke 2:7……Ok, hold on to that thought and give me just a minute….Last night, Kim had a meeting in town so I heated us a bowl of his yummy chili verde along with a couple flour tortillas and sent him on his way.  As I was cleaning up, I decided I would share a bowl with my old neighbor, Bob…..I had not been to see him in way too long and he always loves Kim’s creations, so I fixed a to-go bowl and headed out the door for a visit with Bob and then a quick trip to Hailey and Clark’s for a pick- up and delivery!  Bob was home alone, so I couldn’t have picked a better evening to stop by.  I was greeted with a big hug….I thought to myself, why don’t I come by more often?  Anyway, I heated the food for him and visited while he ate…..what a pleasant chat we had.  I still had lots of chores at home, so I said goodbye and headed up to Tucker’s (I mean Hailey and Clark’s).  I was greeted by my granddogs, who were most happy to see me and then headed in the house.  Hailey was just buckling Tucker into his swing for a little nap.  I walked into the living room to take a peek.  There he was all wrapped up, snuggled in the cozy swing….only his head out.  Hailey said, “He loves to be ‘swaddled’.”   Heading home, seeingTucker so cozy, warm, and safe “swaddled” and in his swing, Luke 2:7 came into my mind…..picturing Mary “swaddling” baby Jesus, our Precious Savior, took on a whole new meaning.  I looked up the definition of swaddling….”to bind an infant with long narrow strips of cloth to prevent free movement.”  I would imagine that Mary did use strips of cloth to swaddle Jesus, while Tucker was swaddled with a blanket, but the concept is the same.  Babies being wrapped in a special way to keep them safe and comforted…My mind was whirling as I thought…..goodness I am such an infant in my relationship with my Heavenly Father, but I am His child……He wants to prevent me from moving in ways that are not good for me….He wants to comfort me and keep me safe, cozy in His loving arms…..Oh my……He “SWADDLES” me with His love……everyday over and over again…….Father, there are so many times in this life that we are hurting, sad, lonely…..You are always there to swaddle us with Your love, cradling us in Your healing arms…..open our hearts to allow full access…..clear away feelings that we can do it alone…..help us to give in to Your open arms and let You keep us safe.  Thank you Father.

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.  Proverbs 8:17.  So we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.  1 John 4:16. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.  Johns 16:33.  Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm.  Nothing is too hard for you.  Jeremiah 32:17.  My soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:20-23
The Lord Bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon You and give you His peace.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment