Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Trusting and Believing, Thursday!  I had to load a bunch of stuff into my car this morning so I opened the doors and trunk and headed into the house to gather up the things I needed to take with me.  Well, guess the open car was just too tempting for the flying insects because when I got in the car and started to work I was immediately greeted by pesky gnats and a couple of little mosquitos!  When I say pesky, I mean pesky!  They were buzzing all around me driving me nuts, so I got to smashing and before long all the pesky critters were gone!  I smiled and thought to myself that wasn’t so tough….wish all my problems could be fixed that easily!  All joking aside…wouldn’t it be nice if we could get rid of our problems with a swat of our hands….just smash them to smithereens and be done with it!  Unfortunately the problems, difficult situations, stresses that we encounter traveling through life don’t usually go away as easily as the pesky bugs did.  However…..we are not out there alone….we do have our own personal “Problem Exterminator”  we just have to turn our problems over to HIM and trust and believe that He is the Master!  But oh no, we are so stubborn, so into ourselves, we just can’t let go….we hang on and on, suffering, worrying needlessly!  Turning our problems over to our Heavenly Father does not mean that they will instantly disappear like the pesky insects…..His time is not our time, but HIS way is always the best…..He knows our needs……He loves us with the most powerful, all knowing, all giving love….a love so great we really cannot understand it……our job…..trust and believe…….believe He’s working even when we don’t see things happening…..trust that His answer to our problems is just what we needed!!!!!  Fill us Father, with a faith so strong that we never hesitate before giving our pesky problems to You! 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.  The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid?  The Lord protects me from danger—so why should I tremble?  Psalm 27:1.  Call upon Me in the day of trouble’  I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.  Psalm 50:15.  Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:16-17.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.  Philippians 4:6-7.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment