Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012

Good Morning Friends! Mighty and Marvelous is our God, Monday! This morning as I headed out I couldn’t help but feel fall in the air….actually I thought to myself, “really looks like winter this morning.” Just then I saw a magnificent flock of geese in their awesome V formation fly over the car….ahh I thought again, winter is definitely on the way! Then it dawned on me…..the geese were headed north…….not south…..they were flying in the wrong direction for winter….Silly birds, I thought….looking magnificent, confident and strong, but headed in the wrong direction! Oh boy….I could feel the familiar tap of our Heavenly Father….”Yes Father, birds are magnificent, you did good!” “Now Kathie….you know I am not here to talk about the beautiful birds, but thanks. I wanted to give you something to ponder….” “ OK, Father, hit me!” “Well, you were thinking how silly the geese were flying in the wrong direction, that they looked so good, but didn’t seem to know what they were doing.” “Yes, Father, that’s right, soooo?” “Kathie, my child, how often do you head out in the wrong direction? People around you think you know what you are doing, but you are flying in the wrong direction because you are flying without ME. Kathie, how many times have seemingly simple things in your life turned into disasters because you flew out alone? How many days have you worried, stewed, and fretted causing yourself and others mental and physical anguish because you were flying without me? How many times have you done things that you later regretted or had to ask forgiveness for because you thought you were smart enough to fly alone….without Me…..you are headed in the wrong direction……I am here for you, always…..save yourself unnecessary pain and problems and fly with ME!!!!!” “OK, Father, thank you so much for the reminder…..help me to always come to you before I head out….Father….help me to start everyday with you……because a day without YOU will definitely take my life in a wrong direction.”

 
Your word is a lamp to m y feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105. God will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths. Isaiah 2:3. It is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Philippians 2:13. “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Psalm 31:3. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment