Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Wondrously wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!  Cruising down the country roads this morning, I spotted a young doe on the side of the road.  I slowed down, watching to see what she was going to do; she was beautiful, her coat shiny and thick, but she was obviously confused, unsure of which way to go…..I stopped, hoping no one would come from the other direction and hit her.  She darted back and forth on the road……definitely the wrong direction for her as she needed to hop the fence and get back into the safety of the woods.  Suddenly she stopped…..just for a brief moment and then confidently hopped the fence and disappeared into the woods.  I smiled to myself, and thanked God for keeping her safe and then my thoughts went to our meditation a couple of days ago about heading out in the wrong direction.  The young doe was dazed and confused, heading out in a direction that was very dangerous for her….back and forth she went, but it wasn’t until she stopped…stood still for a minute…..that she could figure out what she needed to do…..she had to be still to know….Oh goodness I thought, “Father that’s what you are always telling us……’Be still, my child, be still and know that I am your Heavenly Father….I will lead you and guide you and keep you safe…..but you must slow down…..stop…..listen for Me, feel  My loving arms around you…..holding you close, filling you with My peace….the peace that passes human understanding….the peace that takes you in the right direction.’ “  Are you feeling restless, confused, unsure what the heck you are doing anymore…..stop right now, this minute……be still……close your eyes, bow your head, deep a deep breath, and turn your thoughts to our Heavenly Father….tell Him…….everything……HE CARES, HE LISTENS, HE LOVES us!  No matter how hopeless we think things are……Our Heavenly Father can fix it, turns us around and take us out of danger…..if we go to HIM…..”Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.  Psalm 46:  Oh Father…..thank you for knowing us and loving us still…..

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, thought its waters roar and foam and mountains quake with their surging.  There is a rive whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.  God is within her, she will not fall, God will help her at break of day……The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.  Psalm 46: 1-5 & 7.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment