Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Totally loved by Him, Tuesday!  Last week towards the end of the week, my little car was acting crazy, kind of chug, chug, chugging along….I thought it had to do with the new transmission, which you can imagine upset me, but on Sunday Kim drove the car and after several chug, chugs, he stated quite confidently, “this thing needs a new fuel filter!”  He is such a smart guy that I was glad to think the problem was not the new transmission.  So yesterday I chugged to work, praying I wouldn’t quit completely and at lunch went and found a fuel filter!  I chugged home at five and Kim met me in the driveway….”Pop the hood” he said.  Poor guy had worked on the ranch all day and still had a work night at the fire house, but there he was to put on the new filter!  Within a few minutes I heard the engine purring……(got to note a special blessing here, so nice to have a hubby that can fix things);  Sure enough after a good test drive my little black car is no longer chugging!  The fuel filter was plugged…..I was so tickled driving in this morning….smooth ride….no chugging I had to smile and say a thank you prayer!  That’s when it hit me…….darn you know it…..our faith is like a fuel filter sometimes…….we let it get plugged up with the dirt of worry, stress, over-worked, bills, too many obligations…….too much time in the world and not with our Heavenly Father….He keeps our faith filter unplugged, He keeps us connected to a life in HIM and for HIM!  A plugged up “faith filter” can lead to depression…….and we have too much to be happy about to let a plugged up faith filter get us down and depressed.  We are children of the Heavenly Father, loved and forgiven through the gift of His Son, blessed with loving family and precious friends, homes and jobs….yes struggles will come…..but if we keep our faith filters unplugged with God’s help we will get through just fine!  Heavenly Father, when the grime of life gets us plugged up, so that we are chugging along, give us strength to come to you to clean our faith filter through prayer and Your word enable us to keep on keeping on giving You all glory!

Everyone born of God overcomes the world.  This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.  1 John 5:4.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2.  Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17.   The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.  Psalm 86:7.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7.

Love you all!   

No comments:

Post a Comment