Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Totally loved by Him, Tuesday!  A few months ago Kim fixed up an old stock trailer he had gotten in a barter deal and put it for sale on a little lease pasture we have on Hwy 48.  He spray painted a big “FOR SALE” sign and hung it on the fence in front of the trailer with his phone number on it.  The trailer sat there for quite a while before it finally sold not long ago.  Of course we were quite happy about that!  Well, Saturday we were sitting in a restaurant in Claremore, OK having breakfast when Kim’s phone rang.  From my end I heard him say, “No, the property is not for sale, I had a trailer there, sold it and forgot to take the sign down.  I have got to do that.”  When he got off the phone I asked him what that was all about.  He explained that he had never taken down the “FOR SALE” sign after selling the stock trailer and someone thought the property was for sale.  We had a good laugh and went on with our day.  This morning as I drove past the lease, the “FOR SALE” sign sang out to me……Indeed, it does appear that the property is for sale……I thought to myself, well of course people would think the property is up for sale, why the heck wouldn’t they!!!  The sign is hanging on the fence and there is nothing in the pasture to sell…..so what else could passerbys think but that the land is for sale!  Hmmmm, now that thought got me to thinking…..When people look at me….when they are just passing by…..What do they see……What kind of sign do I wear…..Gosh, hope I don’t wear a sign that says, “don’t stop, too busy to talk” or “Too many bills, can’t help you out”  or maybe “Buck up and stop your whining”.  How about, “Who me, help out at Sunday School…No time”…..”I have enough problems of my own.  Take yours someplace else.”   Oh geez….I could go one and on, but I bet you are getting it…..What DO people see when they look at us?  Looking in the mirror isn’t going to answer that question….Looking into our hearts will…..Father, we want others to see YOU when they look at us.  Please fill us with Your love, give us willing spirits, and energize to live our lives to Your Glory!!   

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.  Ezekiel 36:26-27.  We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10.  A happy heart makes the face cheerful. Proverbs 15:13.  Love one another deeply, from the heart.  1 Peter 1:22.  Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  Galatians 6:2.  Be glad and rejoice with me.  Philippians 2:18.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.  1 John 4:12.

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment