Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!  My oldest California grandson, Brayden has a birthday coming up….the big 8!  So, the other day I called mom to get some good ideas for his gift.  She said, “Oh you know him, anything to do with cowboys, horses, bulls….”  The boy, even though he lives in LA loves anything cowboy/country!  After a little more yik yak, Mom said…”Oh I know what he would love, a real cowboy belt buckle!”  …… guess you know what I am on the hunt for.  After talking with Annie about Brayden, I got to thinking about a story she had told me a while back when they were in the doctor’s office.  Mind you, this is in the big city, in a Kaiser facility…..big!  Brayden had seen the doctor for something and was heading down the halls when the doctor asked him what he was going to be when he grew up….he suggested a basketball player.  Annie said that Brayden bucked right up and said, “No, I am going to be a bull rider!”  The doctor chuckled and said, “Not many bulls around here, young man.”  To which Brayden responded, “My Papa Kim in Oklahoma has lots of bulls for me to ride!”  That was a couple of years ago and he hasn’t changed his mind yet, he is determined to be a bull riding cowboy!  He just loves it when the PBR comes to Anaheim (and a special blessing was getting to take him in OKC a few years ago).  Well, of course Brayden is young and who knows if he will be a bull rider or butcher, or an electrician, school teacher, contractor, fireman, maybe even a basketball player…..only our Heavenly Father knows…. most importantly, for Brayden, for each of us is that whatever we do we are doing according to God’s plan.  I was reading an article the other day and found a quote that had such a good perspective for us, “Not God’s plan for my life, but my life for God’s plan.”  Oh my…..what a wonderful thought….my life….little old me….little old nana from Lula….my silly, crazy, life for God’s plan…..If my life is following His plan….it’s got to be good!  To Him be the glory!  Father, it seems impossible that you could want us in Your plan, but we are so thankful that you do.  Thankful that you love us so much that we are forgiven through your Son’s death….washed from our sins so that we can follow your plan.  Father, open our hearts and minds to really hear, know, and follow…..and do the best we can….To Your glory!

And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28.  For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  1 Corinthians 12:5.  Be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.  1 Samuel 12:24.  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.  1 Timothy 1:12. 
Love you all!


Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment