Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Tuesday!  Last night Kim had call a phone call from our grandson Brayden in California.  Brayden was reading Papa Kim the very first report he had ever written.  The subject….pick your hero and write about him/her.  Well, guess who Brayden wrote about!  Yep, his Papa Kim….he read, “My hero is my Papa Kim……because he is a fireman.  He is a fireman, he helps his community,  and he saves lives……that’s why he is my hero!  I am proud of my Papa Kim.”   I didn’t hear the whole report, but that is what I could get from Papa Kim…….He was so proud, beaming like a bright light, smiling from ear to ear, so he could hardly speak.  Gosh, can you just imagine…..a tribute like that from your 7 (8 tomorrow) year old grandson.  His hero, Papa Kim.  After his call I started thinking who I would write about if I was given that assignment…..people in my life came to mind first…my mom, my brother Sam, my husband…..then I thought of some biblical persons….David slaying Goliath, Daniel in the lion’s den, how about all the apostles dying because they would never deny their faith……dying…I thought of Brayden’ s report….how Papa Kim saves lives……..yes Papa Kim and all firemen do have the opportunity at times to save lives and I am so thankful for all the people that risk their lives for others in their jobs…..And then the LIGHT came on….the LIGHT of the WORLD is my hero……Jesus our Savior, our Good Shepherd, our Best Friend….HOLY…without blame….born in a stable…..DIED FOR US!  He didn’t risk HIS life….HE GAVE IT…..WILLINGLY!  For you and for me…….Really, Hero is not nearly BIG enough to call our JESUS!!!!  We are so blessed!  By grace we have been saved……Father, my goodness how we so miss the LIGHT so often, forgive us!  Thank you for YOUR gift to us…YOUR only Son, our Savior…….Father, thank you for precious grandchildren that help us to see the LIGHT and bless our lives in such very special ways.  All Praise, Honor, and Glory to You!!!!!

God so loved the world that He GAVE His ONE and ONLY Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  John 3:16.   Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of Your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for You name’s sake.  Psalm 79:9  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  You ha e filled my heart with great joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  Psalm 4:6-7.  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.  Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His suffering in order that we may also share in His glory.  Romans 8:16—17. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment