Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  Well, how about this rain!  So funny, out in our neck of the woods there’s always so much hype about the weather….you know the men…..they all have their input on how much rain, how cold, how dry….you know.  Well, Monday was their firemen’s meeting and when Kim got home he had lots of rain stories to tell!  One said,  gonna get 4.5 inches, another no not that much gonna get about 3.5 inches…..another 2-4…everybody boasting that their predictions would be the one!  My husband, sporting his doom and gloom attitude, said “it’s gonna miss us! Not gonna get anything.”  So, we did get something didn’t we!  You know what we got?.......Bottom line?   We got the amount of rain that our Heavenly Father wanted us to have!   No meteorologist or fireman could predict the exact amount of rain that our Heavenly Father would send to us….or how it would come……we must simply trust and believe that it will rain and thank Him…..oh yes, even in times of drought we must THANK HIM FOR THE RAIN…..the rain that’s coming!   Oh my…..that’s the message for our lives……we must trust HIM…..sometimes it seems like one yucky thing after another comes our way…..we begin to wonder…..doubt that our Heavenly Father really cares about us….that’s when we must reach deep into our hearts, holding tightly to our faith and trust…..and thank HIM…..Oh yes my friends, He tells us to give thanks in all circumstances…..that means…..even the yucky ones.  God is always working for us….Always loving us…..in HIS way….in HIS time….and as hard as it is….we must work diligently to not question HIM.  We must, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; and in EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS.”  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. At times, we might not see God’s love with our eyes, but close your eyes and see His love in your heart…..Oh yes HIS love is always with us…..His arms are always open….waiting for us to come and be refreshed…..reassured that the blessings will come.  Father, gosh sometimes life makes us wonder….forgive us when our trust in You, Your love, for us weak…..bring us to YOU for comfort.  Thank you Father.

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Psalm 9:9.  My soul fins rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  Psalm 62:1-2.  Jesus said, “ have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33.  I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Isaiah 41:13.  Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am you God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with  my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment