Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 2, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Tuesday!  I didn’t realize that it had rained during the night, but when I got up I could hear it on the metal roof of the porch….I said a thank you prayer.  As I drove into work the rain was steady….not too hard, so visibility was ok, but steady enough to be a good rain….I said another thank you, grateful for the rain for our dry pastures and low ponds…..My thoughts turned to the pasture Kim and I had checked on Sunday….I smiled as I envisioned the fragile, green- grass yearning to emerge through the dry grass…..I felt my shoulders relax and even though when I left the house my husband was worried and anxious, I could feel a smile forming in my heart….yearning to break out in joy…….My heart and mind were consumed with the many blessings our Heavenly Father rains on me every day…..doesn’t have to be a torrential down pour, the gentle blessings are so wonderful too….you know…..lunch with an old friend…..a call from a grandchild…..fresh coffee delivered to your desk…..dying Easter eggs with grandkids and then hunting them……something you really need going on sale……a visit with family you haven’t seen in a long while…..notice of on-line donations to Rely for Life popping up on computer…..fresh eggs from the chickens you thought never would lay…..homemade ice cream…friends that pray faithfully for and with you…..new tires……the Good Will Store……volunteer firemen…..sweet puppies….good jobs…..French toast made with rye bread and powdered sugar…cold water in the fountain at the touch of a finger…an unexpected box of goodies in the mail from your sister…….gentle rain falling on the pastures…..sunshine that follows the rain……green grass…….Thank you Father for the good little blessings that bless us every day.  Forgive us for being too busy, too dry to appreciate our steady blessings……to Praise and Thank you with grateful hearts….Shame on us Father….Thank you for loving us still!  All glory, honor and praise to YOU!!

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His;  we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 100.
Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment