Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!  Yesterday afternoon Kim and I took Hailey, Clark, and Tucker to the airport in Dallas…..from Dallas to Fairbanks, AK…..the first leg of a new adventure in their lives…..moving back to Fairbanks.  The last couple of months, knowing that they were leaving have been quite difficult for Papa and I.  Of course, we love them so very much, and always want what’s best for them, but I must admit my first reaction was more selfish than loving.  Yes, at first I even questioned our Heavenly Father…asking Him why He would bring them to Lula to live, bless us with Tucker and then BAM!  Take them away……Alaska is a long ways from Lula!  We listened to their reasons and their plans, teased them endlessly about staying and then helped them pack up, and finally yesterday took them to the airport with lots of great big bags!  It took all of us to get everything checked in, my job…..taking care of Tucker!  Finally the moment had come, we had to say goodbye.  I found someone to take our picture, lots of hugs and kisses…..tears…..and the final goodbye.  Kim and I walked silently to the car, tears streaming down our faces wondering how long it would be till we see our precious Hansen family again.  We got in the car and headed out of the airport towards home, silent at first and then Kim broke the silence….”Well, at least they got to have the country experience for a while.  They have really grown and matured.”  I agreed….and then….peace….do I feel peace?  I asked myself…..I think I do…..but I just put my first-born granddaughter, her sweet husband, our grandson, Clark and our first great-grandson on an airplane to Alaska…to live.  How can I feel peace?  I am devastated, broken hearted, sad…..peace…..there can’t be any room for peace in my heart…Oh wait….”OK Father…..I feel you…..I hear you…..Yes, forgive me….I know You supply peace beyond human understanding…yes that’s what I am feeling!  I just have to let You in don’t I?  But Father they will be so far away and I worry about them…..Oh Ok, OK…..yes…..I do know that You are with them…they love you and You will guide and protect them…..Thank you Father…..Thank you Father for the blessing of having Hailey, Clark, and Tucker in Lula with us for almost 3 years.  Gosh we are so blessed!  Father thank you for finding me and filling me with Your peace when I am wallowing in self-pity.  Forgive me.

The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7.  The God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:9.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  John 14:27.  To everything there is a season, and a purpose to everything under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment