Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty is our God, Monday!  So, remember a few weeks ago when I told you about the mouse in my house…..well, as a result of that story, a friend with lots of outside cats offered to give me a couple.  I jumped at the offer….she said if I could bring her a carrier she would catch a couple for me and we made arrangements to meet at the mini mart close to my church on Sunday.  However, one thing after another it wasn’t until yesterday that we finally managed to get together.  Church was a little long, so she was waiting for me while enjoying a sausage biscuit.  We sat and visited a minute and then went to our cars for the big transfer!  Poor cats were not happy about their confinement….there were three of them and they growled and hissed all the way home.  Kim had put out food for them in an old chicken coop…a really good place for them to call “headquarters”.   I stopped and unloaded them before going to the house….I knew they were ready for their release!  As soon as I opened the door out they came they all 3 scaled the wooden walls of their headquarters.  Well, that’s the last I have seen of my cats….Yep, it’s true, have not seen hide nor hair of them since their release….when it dawned on me this morning that I had not seen them, I thought, oh gosh….hope they didn’t run off…..but then I thought about the children’s sermon I had for the kids yesterday.  I put a glass ostrich in a box, told them what was in it (well I told them an ostrich)  and asked them if they believed me….without seeing the ostrich….did they believe it was in there?  The point being…..Thomas, without actually seeing our risen Jesus, did not believe his fellow disciples when they told him that Jesus was alive…….Jesus response when He confronted Thomas, “you believe because you have seen Me, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have not seen.”   Wow….I think our Heavenly Father sent me a little faith reminder….a little faith boost….perhaps a “practice what you preach” tap.  Yes, at times……I must admit, I am a bit of a doubting Thomas….Forgive me Father.  You know what!!!  Even though I have not seen the cats, I know that they are out there hunting….they are going to keep the mice out of my house!!!!!!  I am sure of it!  Father, sometimes I question my faith….question what’s going on in my life because I don’t see what I think I should.  Forgive me….help me to never be a doubting Thomas when it comes to Your will in my life!  And Father thank you for sweet friends that share their cats with me!

Then He (Jesus), said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands.  Reach out your hand and put it into my . Stop doubting and believe.”  Thomas said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”  Then Jesus told him, “because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”  Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not recorded n tis book.  But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.  John 20:28-31.  Though you have not seen Christ, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.  1 Peter 1:8-9.  We live by faith, not by sight.  2 Corinthians 5:7.
Love you all!

Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist

No comments:

Post a Comment