Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Trusting and Believing in HIM! Thursday!  Gosh, I had such a blessed day yesterday….one “little” special thing after another.  Went to the Good Book Store at lunch and they had boxed, greeting cards half price…Woo Hoo!  Saw a former co-worker and sweet friend and got her new phone number and a hug!!!  Had a wonderful call from my son in California and got my little, black car back after 2 weeks in the shop! I was singing HIS praises as I tootled home from Stonewall, sun-roof wide open!  Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful to have the old reliable Honda to drive in a pinch, but I must admit I was really excited to head to work in my little, black car!  As I got on the highway, I reached up to set the cruise control….Oh shoot, it got turned off….I have never actually turned it on, my husband has always just left it on and then I set it as needed.  Well, it was too risky to mess with it while I was on the highway so, I just told myself, “No big deal….just watch your speed.”  No big deal….HUH!  As hard as I tried, I kept finding my speed creeping up….way up past the speed limit…dang it….last thing I need is a ticket…..self –control Kathie, I told myself…exercise some self-control with your foot!  Oh boy…..the familiar tap…..Hi Father….I know, I know, I keep speeding….sorry…..can’t help it….can’t do it without my cruise control……”  “Oh Kathie, My precious child….your problem driving without speed control reminds Me of times in your life when you try to “drive” without Me….without Me to help you ‘control’ your actions…..forging down life’s highway alone,  you speed into situations that are not good for you, not pleasing to Me…..things happen…things happen…..things that I, your Heavenly Father, do not like to see happening to you….things that can lead you down a very bumpy road…..alone.  My child, ‘set’ your life with Me.”  Wow, was all I could I think…..sure could use a little more self-control in my life….I need to set my life, in His hands…..more time with Him, in word and prayer….more listening for His will in my life….more letting go…..and letting HIM!  Father, forgive us when we want to cruise alone.  Please give us strength, increase our faith, so that we let You set the controls in our lives.

The mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.  Romans 8:6.  The Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.  Joshua 2:11.  Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.”  Matthew 24:35.  “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,” plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  God will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths.  Isaiah 2:3.  This is what the Lord says, He who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is His name:  “Call to me and I will answer you and tell  you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”  Jeremiah 33:2-3. 
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment