Friday, May 10, 2013

May 10, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!  Getting ready this morning…..thinking ahead to a special  day on Sunday, my thoughts turned to my sweet mom, long from this earth.  I decided it was a perfect day to wear a pair of her earrings, keeping her close to my thoughts all day.  I was thinking how, as I get older I am so like her in so many ways…..Some good, some not so good, as my husband loves to remind me.  One thing he hates that I got from her is….having to do one more thing before I leave!  I can remember my dad sitting in the car honking at her in the house….doing one more thing!  Mom, loved to send cards and always covered them with stickers….I have to laugh when I think of my box of stickers in with my cards…..Even with her stroke, she exercised everyday (better than me on that)….but my intentions are good!  We drink our coffee just the same and both loved to dunk our toast in our coffee!  My sister says, I am little but mighty, just like mom….not sure what that exactly means….Mom was a work-alcoholic and I have been called that a time or two…I say, she gave me a good work ethic.  Mom had a tendency to interrupt at times…..oops…..and pick food off families plates….ooops.  And lately, sometimes when I walk past a mirror, I think….Oh my goodness there’s mom!  Seriously, I cannot believe how much I look like my mom now.  Well, she had no wrinkles or gray hair at 82, sure can’t boast that!  There are things about my precious mom that I am glad I haven’t acquired, such as…she was notorious for saying exactly what she thought…..”you are gaining weight,”  “you have a big pimple on your chin,”  “that does not look good on you.”  I mean really mom!  As I finished my hair and put on the earrings….I thought…..none of us are perfect by any means!  We try to be good moms, grandmas, sisters, friends, employees, but sometimes we fail….we are human….but thank goodness there is ONE who is perfect…..Perfect, Holy….and most of all…HE is our Heavenly Father….loves us more than we deserve for sure….FORGIVES us, unquestioningly……PERFECT!  And we are HIS children!  Oh Father, we know that You want us to be more like You in everything that we do….in every action, thought, deed…..like You…Father, please help us, guide and direct us so that we grow in faith…grow to be more like YOU!

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.  He is our shield.  Psalm 30:18.  Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..”  So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female he create them.  Genesis 1:26-27.  We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good work, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10.  You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.  Ephesians 4:22-24.  In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect trough suffering.  Hebrews 2:10.  How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!   1 John 3:1.
Love you all!  Happy Mom’s Day to all  you moms out there……

No comments:

Post a Comment