Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29, 2013

Good Morning Friends!!!!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!  Remember I mentioned a few weeks ago that Cooper would be staying with Papa a few days a week since Hailey has gone back to Alaska?  Well, Katy is just not to fond of the situation….Kathyrn drops Cooper off about 6:30 and then she and Katy head on into town where Katy stays with Grami…..she really has a wonderful time at Grami’s two little girls her age to play with and 2 babies to love on all day, but when Cooper gets dropped off with Nana and Papa, Katy is not happy!  I don’t get to see her every morning, but this morning I was late getting in the shower, so I ran out to get some sugar!  Oh my….the look on her face was pathetic and that bottom lip stuck out…way out….there was no getting a smile out of her…nope it was a full on pout! Cooper was outside side running crazy with the dog….”Papa what are we going to do to today?!!!!”  Papa’s answer was the straw that broke the camel’s back!!!!  “Cooper, we have to go take puppies today!”  The pouty face, if possible, immediately looked graver and now tiny tears began to stream down her cheeks, Katy declared, “I want to go take puppies too!”  Mommy told her she was going to Grami’s and I tried for a kiss….but it was not happening!  Oh that just broke the old Nana’s heart…..As I got in shower I could not get that precious “pouty” face out of my mind!  Such a scowl and that bottom lip…..not a pretty picture…..Hmmm, then it hit me……my goodness……oh my goodness!  How often does our Heavenly Father see us with a “pouty” face……”I want……a new car, new furniture, bigger vacation, more clothes, bigger diamond, less hamburger more steak, I’m tired of working, gas is too high, too much work to do, I hate to exercise, I want to look like her, why do the neighbor have a nicer house…..” Get it!?  Oh Father, forgive us for “pouting” when You give us so much!  Oh goodness…..how yucky we must look to You when we stick out our bottom lips and whine…..Help us to get into our attitude of gratitude modes and give You glory and praise all the time!  And Father please be with my precious Katy as she adjusts to this new situation…..we don’t like her to be so sad! 

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:18.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:19-20Everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.  1 Timothy 4:4.  God will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord.  Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and sound of singing.  Isaiah 51:3.  Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever.  Amen!  Revelation 7:12.

No comments:

Post a Comment