Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013

Good Morning Friends! Thankfully, no matter what the situation…His, Tuesday! Watching the news last night and again this morning, I feel so hopeless and sad….here in my area we have so far been spared from the extreme devastation that has touched so many….Praising God for our immediate safety, I am deeply humbled…..deeply….and my heart and prayers go out to for all of His children suffering. I had a call from Kathyrn around 7 am, urging me to leave really early because the rain was just terrible….she was only going 15mph….driving in the rain is stressful for me ever since my accident last year….so I grabbed my stuff, kissed Kim goodbye, told him I love him and headed out the door with a prayer! As I drove, my mind kept turning to people suffering from the storms….the rain was very heavy, hard to see the road and it was so dark…Oh my, I thought….how are they going to get through all of this pain, suffering and loss! I kept my eyes forward, watching for the lights in front of me…..with taillights in front of me, to guide me, I was able to stay in the right path…..Oh my….Yes Father……with Your light to guide them….that’s how they will see their way through this….With You…..Only with You! You can see us through anything….as long as we place our trust, our hope in You. I looked in my rear view mirror and could not believe what I saw….a car behind me….with no lights on….driving in the darkness….no light to guide them…..Father, we cannot make it without Your light guiding us, Your love holding us, Your peace comforting us, Your mighty power holding us…..Father, we do not understand devastating situations like these….Help us to put our trust and hope in You….letting Your light be our guide. Father, thank you for the comfort and care that YOU WILL shower on all Your precious, suffering children.
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with and everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.” Jeremiah 31:3-4. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I stay close to You; Your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:6-8. You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. Psalm 18:28-29. “Bless is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3.
Love you all and prayers for safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment