Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Marveling in HIS Monday!  I have a skirt that is an integral part of my wardrobe, nothing special, just a straight, kaki skirt; actually acquired it as a hand-me-down, but my goodness it just goes winter, summer, spring or fall…..can’t imagine not having it.  Well…..a month or two ago while doing laundry I washed it with a brightly colored sweatshirt.  Now this sweatshirt is several years old and been washed a hundred times, so I didn’t think twice about washing them together……..Well, it was one of those days I just didn’t get stuff out of the washer and into dryer immediately….just lazy I would say….plain lazy!  Well, when I finally got to it I was horrified!  My most valued kaki skirt had splotches of purple and blue…..oh they were pretty, don’t get me wrong….kind of the tie dyed affect…..BUT NOT ON MY SKIRT!  I was horrified…..what a stupid ghastly mistake I had made….lazy and careless!  I immediately rewashed skirt….to no avail…yet again nothing…….I never dried it in the dryer, but washed a few more times before I just gave up.  For some silly reason I hung it back in my closet…..gosh whatever would I do without that skirt…..One day, a week or so ago, just out the clear, I had a thought….”I wonder if I washed it in Rit Dye Remover if that would get the colors out?”  Well, I thought worth a shot, what can I lose!  So, the next time I was in Wal-Mart I got a box.  It wasn’t until this weekend that I finally got around to trying it…..I carefully read the directions and followed them to a tee….after 20 minutes in the washing machine……WOW….I think this is going to work!  I let the cycle run through and then washed it like regular……I have my kaki skirt back!  Clean as a whistle!  I was so excited about my skirt…couldn’t wait to tell Hailey and Kim….poor things were there the day it happened….Then…..as I began calming down……I felt the need to pray……the need to thank our Heavenly Father for….yes for dye remover…OH yes I am thankful for such a wonderful invention, but oh so much more than that…..I am so thankful that HE REMOVES all the splotches of our sins……REMOVES them….never to be seen again….CLEAN AS A WHISTLE…even though we don’t deserve it!  Oh Father…..how blessed we are to be Your children…..loved and forgiven….clean.  Help us to try harder for You!  Help us to forgive others as you forgive us.  All glory, praise and honor is YOURS!

“My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou has redeemed.”  Psalm 71:23.  “Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.  Though you sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”  Isaiah 1:18.  For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Psalm 25:11.  I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.  Hebrews 8:12.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4:32.  We love because God first loved us.  1 John 4:19. 

No comments:

Post a Comment