Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  More than we deserve, Monday!  Hope everyone had a good weekend and all you mom’s hope yesterday was love-filled!  Mine sure was….I have to say I got everything I asked for!  A couple weeks ago I told Kim, I need a new hose for mother’s day.  Gosh I have had the same one for so long, one patch after another, had to cut off the end and a leak sprung so big that I couldn’t fix it….been wasting so much water…so I thought perfect time for a new hose, right.  Well heck a few days later, I saw the coolest yard shoes at TSC; they are rubber slip-on’s and oh so brightly colored…perfect for the yard chores!  So, I told him….forget the hose I want these cool shoes….Well, a few days after that, I thought….darn what I really want is a month of tanning (sorry doc)…so, once again I told my sweetie….forget the shoes…I want a month of tanning for Mom’s day!  Guess what I got!!!!!  Go ahead guess….spoiled brat~  I got all three!  Why he even had the new hose all hooked up, ready to go and threw away the old one!  My shoes are awesome, turquoise with bright flowers…..and tanning gift certificate.  I got everything I asked for, even though one thing is not really too good for me. Delighting in being spoiled and feeling quite special a thought occurred to me…..What if God gave us everything we asked for….what if He didn’t use His omnipotent powers to do only what’s best for us…..Sweet Kim gave me a gift certificate for tanning because I asked for it, but really…it’s not good for me.  So often we ask God for what we think is best for us….even though it is hard at times to accept what He gives…..we must trust and believe that HIS will for us is best….even if it’s not what we asked for…..Father, thank you for always knowing what’s best for us…..increase our faith so that we trust and believe in Your plans for us….keep us grounded in YOU. 

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.  Proverbs 16:20.  Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but however trusts in the Lord is kept safe.  Proverbs 29:25.   “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, “ declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:8-9. Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out!  “Who has known the mind of the Lord?  Or who has been His counselor?”  “Who has ever give to God, that God should repay him?”  For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things,.  To Him be the glory forever! 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment