Friday, January 18, 2013

January 18, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!   My mom, left this earth for her heavenly home quite a few years ago, but if she were still hanging around she would be 93 today.  Gosh, after so many years, I still miss her;  today she is really on my mind, so this morning as I was browsing through some inspirational verses and came upon this quote, “Always remember, when God made you He did so with a purpose and a plan.  He saw all your days before you lived one of them and placed over you the covering of His protective love.  He has allowed nothing to come into your life that has not first been screened through that love.  His hand has remained upon you to this very day,”  my thoughts went immediately to my mom’s life.  My mom was a wonderful Christian woman…..she oozed with “Care-Isma” but she didn’t cruise through life trouble free.  No, actually quite the opposite…..her life was composed of lots of hard work, heart ache, after heart ache, at the age of 53 she suffered a severe stroke that left her disabled for the reminder of her life and  my dad passed away 6 months later…..I have just touched the surface of mom’s life, but I am sure you will follow my next point.  “He has allowed nothing to come into your life that has not first been screened through that love….”  When I read this, for one brief moment, I thought had all mom’s heartache  been screened through God’s love……how can that be?  Why would He…….then I smiled and thought of her faith….unshakable!  I have never known anyone with a faith as strong as my mom’s……throughout my life I was the beneficiary of that faith….watching her grow stronger through each heartache…..At that moment God’s words from Romans 5:3-4, came to mind, “We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”  My mom never lost hope and she most definitely was a character…..she persevered with dignity, bringing glory to our Heavenly Father.  Suffering is not easy, that’s for sure….but thinking about my mom….the lives she touched, the Care-Ism she shared for 82 years….I know that her life was planned through God’s love and so are ours….through thick or thin He knows what we are going through….heck He knows how many hairs we have on our heads……We are His dear children….Oh Wow How we are loved by Him!!!!  His hand is on us every day!  Thank You Father, for the faith of my mother, keep my growing and strong.

For Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:10.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22. Our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  Romans 8:18.  Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with Him.  Psalm 12:5-6.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Crist. 
Ephesians 5:19-20.

Love you all!
Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment