Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013

Good Morning Friends! Magnificent Monday, loved by HIM! Seven years ago I was given a very special gift from a close friend of my daughter Stacy’s. It is an Italian charm bracelet; she had several charms on it for me. SRK, Stacy’s initials, HIK, my granddaughter Hayden’s initials, an angel and a heart…..a beautiful gift at any time for sure, but a most precious gift to me because it was given to me on the day that Stacy and Hayden were laid to rest…..7 years ago. Other than when I am working on the ranch, I have worn that bracelet almost every day! Silly, I know, but slipping it on my wrist gives me some kind of comfort. Yesterday, sitting in church, head bowed, my eyes focused on my bracelet…..I tenderly touched the charms….the initial charms are worn almost completely smooth…....have been for a while now….I thought about replacing them, but only for a fleeting moment; I really don’t need to see the letters to know what they represent…..they are in my heart. As I sat there, in God’s house, beautiful music coming from the organ, surrounded by loving Christian friends, I smiled to myself……silly thought once again…..my beautiful bracelet with worn out charms….is like our faith…….I have never seen God, but I know that He is there. I wasn’t there at the manager to see Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes, or at the cross to witness His death, or there to see the empty tomb, but I know…..I believe that Jesus died and rose for me……God’s only Son, my Savior……my faith is rooted in Him without ever seeing Him……I gently rubbed the charms, thanking God for the gift of His Son and asked Him to keep my faith strong. Thank you Father, all glory, honor and praise to You.

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1. Thought you have not seen Christ, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment