Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9, 2013


Good Morning Friends! Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday! The rain is wonderful, so needed and I thank our Heavenly Father for every drop, but I have to admit that my drive in this morning seemed dreary….so dark, a heavy, misty fog limited visibility causing a sense of gloom to drift in. It’s against my nature to be gloomy, just hate it, so I said a little prayer asking for a gloom lifter……Life does get gloomy at times doesn’t it…..so much sickness, finances….so dang much to do and so little time….life’s gloom limits our visibility….limits us from seeing, experiencing the light of God’s love….My first duty in the mornings is to go over the newspaper for relevant articles. I always read the “Today’s Prayer” on the front page of the OK Paper…So today as I opened the paper and found the prayer my thoughts on my drive in came perfectly clear…..”The comfort of returning to You, Lord, follows the sorrow of our time away from Your words. Amen.” Oh my…..yes….the Light…..the gloom is lifted…..I feel HIS love…..when I return…..when I am with HIM……I am comforted. Thank You Father for comforting us through all of our gloom. Keep us focused on Your Light!
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4. Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones. Isaiah 49:13. Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with great joy than when their grain and new wine abound. Psalm 4:6-7.
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment