Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Good Morning Friends!!!!  Mighty and Marvelous is our God, Monday!  Just to refresh your memory, Cooper and Katy spend their days with Hailey and Tucker, and of course Clark when he’s not at work or school!  Well, Hailey is such a creative daycare mom and always has such cool things for them to do, she never ceases to amaze me.  Her latest invention, over the weekend, I would say is the coolest (got to give Clark some credit too, he was a big help)!  Ok so I know you are on pins and needles to find out what they did……Cooper and Katy (3 and 2) love to help Hailey with the laundry….well me and mommy too…they just love to put things in the washer and dryer….laundry is their thing.  So, Hailey and Clark made them a washing machine out of a big cardboard box (see attachment).  The kids get to Hailey’s about 6:50 am and the first thing Hailey did was take them to play room to show them their washing machine; needless to say, they were delighted!!!! Kathyrn went on to work and Hailey started breakfast while Cooper and Katy were playing.  According to Hailey, they had not been in the play room very long when Cooper came out, stripped bare!!!!  “Cooper, why are you naked?!  Where are your clothes”  To which Cooper immediately and quite matter of factly, replied, “in the washing machine, I am washing them.”  Can you imagine Hailey’s reaction!  When she told me I just cracked up….kids!  She said, “Nana, who would have ever thought that he would do that.  You just don’t know what a kid is going to do.”  When we finished our conversation I couldn’t help but think about Cooper standing in the kitchen naked while his clothes washed, gosh what a good smile maker!  Then a thought occurred to me…..Hailey’s reaction…..”who would have ever thought he would do that.”  We never know how our words or actions are going to be interrupted by others….it never crossed Hailey’s mind that he would strip and wash his clothes…..to him it was just the logical thing to do!  I had to think about my actions at times, things I say to people without really thinking things through……gosh, think of the feelings that are hurt, ill feelings sprout, misunderstandings….gosh, we can really never be too careful with our words and actions…..we need to think before we act, put ourselves in the other person’s place and try to let our actions reflect God’s love!  Father, thank you for grandkids that can teach us simple, but important lessons.  Help us to speak and act according to Your will.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.  Proverbs 25:11.  Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.  Matthew 12:34.  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.  Colossians 4:6.  He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.  Proverbs 13:3.  A gossip betrays a confidence.  Proverbs 11:13.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:14.

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment